Last updated: 18th May 2020
Rolling Pin Software (hereafter referred to as ropin.net) respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect from our:
- Visitors to our website at www.ropin.net, or subdomains of ropinsite.com, or anyone contacting our support
- Merchants who use ropin.net to power their businesses
- Customers who shop at businesses powered by ropin.net
- Users of all ropin.net apps and mini apps
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
- What does ropin.net do?
- What personal information does ropin.net collect and why?
- With whom does ropin.net share my personal information?
- Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
- Cookies and similar tracking technology
- How does ropin.net keep my personal information secure?
- International data transfers
- Data retention
- Your data protection rights
- Updates to this Privacy Notice
- How to contact us
What does ropin.net do?
ropin.net is a SaaS-enabled Marketplace that provides:
- End-to-end ecommerce software that manages products, prices, inventory, and orders for SMBs
- B2C and B2B distribution methods including eCommerce websites, and Apps
- Marketplaces that allow our clients to distribute their products to resellers and consumers.
ropin.net is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia.
For more information about ropin.net, please see the “About Us” section of ropin.net at Here .
What personal information does ropin.net collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of ropin.net may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit ropin.net, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with ropin.net, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to ropin.net, where they come from, and what content on ropin.net is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of ropin.net to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below .
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including information regarding your participation in 3rd Party Loyalty programmes, credit reference agencies and other information we require from time to time), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
Who does ropin.net share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of ropin.net), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Your rights over your information
We believe you should be able to access and control your personal information no matter where you live. Depending on how you use ropin.net, you may have the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, restrict, or object to certain uses of your personal information (for example, direct marketing). We will not charge you more or provide you with a different level of service if you exercise any of these rights.
If you buy something from a ropin.net-powered store and wish to exercise these rights over information about your purchase, you need to directly contact the merchant you interacted with. We are only a processor on their behalf, and cannot decide how to process their information. As such, we can only forward your request to them to allow them to respond. We will of course help our merchants to fulfill these requests by giving them the tools to do so and by answering their questions.
Please note that if you send us a request relating to your personal information, we have to make sure that it is you before we can respond. In order to do so, we may ask to see documentation verifying your identity, which we will discard after verification.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights for you, please email us from the email address we have on file for you. If you email us from a different email address, we cannot determine if the request is coming from you and will not be able to accommodate your request. In your email, please include the name and email address of your authorized agent.
If you are not happy with our response to a request, you can contact us to resolve the issue. You also have the right to contact your local data protection or privacy authority at any time.
Finally, because there is no common understanding about what a “Do Not Track” signal is supposed to mean, we don’t respond to those signals in any particular way.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person for example when arranging travel plans which require additional screening or pre-authorisation visas or similar, which we organise on your behalf.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does ropin.net keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. We have implemented a security policy that guards against unauthorised access. Data on our secure pages is encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of ropin.net, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
All your private data will be encrypted at all times whilst in transit over the Internet，except on clearly marked pages of websites that are in our FREE Plan. SSL is special software that automatically encrypts any data sent by you on our secure pages. Our server then reads the data using a private key. This means that your data, be it debit or credit card information or any other personal details, is turned into code that can only be decoded with the private key or password. All pages on the site that require you to enter personal or sensitive information are secure. Your browser will indicate that the page is secure by displaying a padlock or key in the status bar at the bottom of the window. If your browser is suitably configured, you will receive a warning message when you first access any secure page on the site. This is simply information to advise you that the site is protecting your data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although ropin.net will do its best to protect your personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the Internet and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless we have been in breach of applicable laws and then only to the limits set out in the terms and conditions for the Website.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, ropin.net utilize virtual servers hosted by cloud providers such as Ucloud and Google in Hong Kong and the United States, and our merchant clients and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries. Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy and that we comply with applicable legal requirements to ensure adequate protection for your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law or through other mechanisms that adequately ensure that your data protection rights are upheld.
We may also transfer or disclose your personal information to our service providers, professional advisers and to such other parties as we consider necessary for the administration of the Services, the Website and related business.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below .
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, California residents should contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice. .
Ropin.net does not and will not sell personal information of California residents to third parties, within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
Rolling Pin Software Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
300-1090 Homer Street
Vancouver, BC V6B2W9
The data controller of your personal information is ropin.net